GWG Basketball Coaching Clinic
GWG Basketball Coaching Clinic | 21 NOVEMBER 2021
Game Within the Game (GWG) and Antwerp International School (AIS) are proud to host an amazing 1 day clinic for basketball coaches. A great mix of X’s and O’s, practical sessions (bring your sneakers) and foundational thought-provoking concepts for you and your team(s). Get a new awareness of the modern game! Accredited by the VBL.
- Former NBA coach (Dallas Mavericks)
- Coached the Japanese National team
- World renowned for his basketball mind
- FIBA Level1/Level 2 accredited instructor
- Currently represents FIBA as an Expert Instructor in their Olympic Development Program for Third World countries
- Has seen every kind of player after whilst practising his craft in 40 countries (and counting)
- 6 NBA Teams as an Administrator
- College Prospect and International Scout
- NBA Observation Scout of In-Season Game Officials
- WNBA Assistant Coach
- Tom will inspire you to coach (and teach) better within minutes of hearing him speak.
- Member of Canada’s National team
- Professional player & coach in Europe
- Former OKC Thunder scouting consultant and summer-league coach
- Coached at all levels and can teach for understanding to any level of coach
- Considered one of, if not the best, player development coach in Belgium
- Orlando Magic Summer League Coach.
- Contributor to Coach Newell’s soon to be published: “Gems from the Gym”, Coach Newell’s Travels and shared experiences with Coach Johnson.
- Professional Trainer for Élite Basketball Players
- Co-Director: All Pro Skills Camp with Coach Newell at Seattle University
- Podcast Contributor to multiple Basketball Information and Technical Programs in Belgium and North America
- Co-Director Europe: “Caretakers of the Game International”, Coach Newell’s Non-Profit Organization developed exclusively for Educating Coaches in small Villages, Cities and Countries where Grass Roots basketball needs assistance…
- All sessions will be filmed and made available later to attendees (courtesy Griffins TV)
- Coach Johnson’s 18 drills for everyday use
- Session handouts
- Sample practice plan
- Cost €60 for a full day or €15 per session
- To register: https://forms.gle/z7Rybh3bxVtJY55a8
- Lunch provided to full day participants
- 9:30 start; 16:00 finish
- Address for your GPS: Moerenhoutlaan 46, 2180 Ekeren
|09:30||Arrival, Registration, Coffee|
|10:00||Session 1||Drillz for Skillz
Player development and "Oiler Drills"
|10:55||Session 2||Defensive Principles and Concepts vs most common offensive Actions|
|11:50||Session 3||Student Athlete Concepts
Talent Identification and Criteria for evaluating Intrinsic Motivation in Student Athlete.
How to the best Support Model for our students, son’s and daughter’s. “Expectations and Revelations”
|13:00||Session 4||Footwork and essential components of specific basketball strength and conditioning.|
|13:55||Session 5||Game like Shooting Drills and Competition|
|14:50||Session 6||Attacking half court zone defense|
Note: We have not made any pre-bookings. This hotel is just the closest to our school.